Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Focusing On Me

I think it's time for a much needed update.

For one, I have decided to take a step back from life a little bit and just focus on myself. Sometimes it's not the PEOPLE around you that make you less than happy.. just the SITUATIONS. I have to remind myself of that at times. I've always been the kind of person who tries to put other people's happiness before my own.. but I know I have to break that habit. Sometimes I allow myself to be unhappy just because I know the other people around me are content.. and I don't want to say anything for fear of affecting THEM. I don't think this is a bad thing though. Eventually SOMEONE is gonna benefit from my constant need to keep people happy. lol.

I went to the softball game today after lunch with an old friend. I only caught the end of the game, but got to see some people that made my day :) It's still hard to watch softball without feeling some type of jealousy, or anger, or upset. It's a shame really because I'd love to fully enjoy myself.. I just miss it too much. It's like I'm always mad at the people who get to play because they're living out my dream. How unfair is that?! Oh well, I do my best to just cheer and appreciate at least the fact that I ever had the chance to play.

I'm headed to bed.. Tera won't be at work tomorrow because she was allergic to some food she ate today. I had to take her to urgent care :( Poor Thing! I'd rather her be at work, but she needs the rest!

Catch you guys later!

2 comments:

  1. Long time no see, Sam-I-Am. B.Acker in the house. Haha, just kinnding, hopefully it made you laugh and brighten your day a little. I still haven't graduated, congratulations on yours. You are exactly right. The hardest thing I had to learn the past couple of years is that you have to put your needs and wants first sometimes. Also, if your "friends" get mad or offended that you want to keep yourself happy, then they aren't really good friends. A friend will tell you what you want to hear, a good friend will tell you the truth to help you get through it. Call me sometime, I still have the same number. Also, happy belated birthday.
    -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't always make everyone happy! That is a start though, just focusing on you.

    ReplyDelete