Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Communication is Key

TLC once said it in a song "Communication is the key to life.. Communication is the key to love.. Communication is the key to us.." It was in their album Fanmail.

It's funny how sometimes you're just SO sure your point makes sense that you're blind to someone else's perfectly valid point as well. I think I'm rather good at accepting other people's points, and probably not so good at forgiving people when they don't understand mine. I've realized that in a few circumstances especially. Today being one of them.

Without giving away too many details, I think my past "communication" in relationships has shaped the way I communicate today. I so desperately feel the need for people to "get" my point because I don't think I've ever felt very understood by a significant other...always fighting for someone to believe me or at the very least not defend every word they have to say. Even after feeling understood.. I often think that later I really wasn't.

Similar situation? I'd love to hear about it...

1 comment:

  1. I think you have to arrive at a point where you trust the other person enough that you can be assured they "get" you. Sometimes you can never arrive at that point with someone. Then, when you are at least expecting, you find someone you can absolutely relate to. For all the others, it doesn't matter to the extreme sense.

    ReplyDelete